Standing Order 101. Faculty Members and Other Employees of the University
101.1: Employment Status
- Appointments of Regents' Professors and University Professors shall be voted by the Board upon recommendation of the President of the University, following consultation with the Committee on Educational Policy.
- Dismissal of an academic appointee who holds tenure or security of employment shall be voted by the Board upon recommendation of the President of the University, following consultation with the appropriate Chancellor. Prior to recommending dismissal, the Chancellor shall consult with the appropriate advisory committee(s) of the Division of the Academic Senate.
- Appointments, promotions, demotions, and dismissals of all faculty members and other employees, except as otherwise provided in the Bylaws, Standing Orders, or Regental policies, shall be under the jurisdiction of the President of the University, and of the Secretary and Chief of Staff, Chief Investment Officer, and General Counsel of The Regents in their respective areas of responsibility.
- No political test shall ever be considered in the appointment and promotion of any faculty member or employee.
- Reemployment appointments of retired University employees to any Senior Management Group or other staff position shall be governed by the Regents policy on Reemployment of University of California Retired Employees.
Includes amendments through November 2013